Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Our Entertainment

How did we ever live before these two little faces kept us laughing all day? I'm not happy to wake up at 6am most days (although I'm getting used to it and can deal with it much easier than anything that starts with 5) but it's hard to stay grumpy around this little face. Alex rustles around in bed until he finds his paci and blankie, then he's happy to play for a while. Or stand up and throw them out of the crib and start screaming. I haven't decided what to do about that little game, especially if it starts before naptime because I'm not going to keep going in to find his paci. Any other moms have suggestions? Ben didn't have any sleep necessities until he was a lot older so this is all new to me.

We go to United Square mall about every day now since it's a quick walk and has almost everything we need. They have a bunch of little cars and trains for the kids to ride but lately Ben keeps putting his dollar in this fun machine to get Mentos. He doesn't even eat the mentos, just likes to watch them come out. Good for him, bad for me because I can't resist them!

Alex and Ben rode Thomas together although I'm not sure how much Alex liked it. He held onto Ben the entire time but Ben was too busy driving to notice.

Alex can explore the entire house up to about 3 feet now. It's great fun for him but means lots of bumps and plenty of "no!"s because it's a lot harder to childproof with older toys around and a baby that thinks he can do everything his big brother does.

Our afternoons are usually spent with the hose one way or another. I guess it's making up for not having a pool. They don't seem to mind!

Ben loves to run in the sprinkler! I never see other kids doing this here but we spent our summers in the sprinkler growing up...is that just a Texas thing?

Alex tends to back off a bit once he gets soaked...Ben's a little too crazy for him sometimes.

Sweet boys in the bathtub. They wrestle over every single toy but seem to be happier in the bath together.

Here are Alex's adorable new tricks. He's using both to get attention and it's working!
The Blink


and The Dance

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! Have to check out that mall...and I loved sprinklers!! We even had a pool when Iw as a kid, but there is something so fascinating about a sprinkler. Hope to see you all soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! when Allyson was old enough to put her paci in her mouth, I put about four in bed with her, so she could always find one. She did the throw them out, and I would pick them up once. After that, she was on her own. She only screamed for a little while and realized I wasn't picking them up again. It stopped pretty fast! It was tough letting her scream, but it was a bigger pain going in every five minutes to pick them up!!! Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete