Sunday, July 01, 2007

New Maid

What will make a little boy crawl faster? A car, of course! Ben chased this thing around the minute he laid eyes on it.


Here's Ben walking along with our helper, Jocelyn. She has made our condo cleaner than I ever could have and it's so nice to know Ben is crawling around on clean floors every day. I think it also helps that people don't wear shoes in homes here so I don't worry about things getting tracked inside.


I'm starting to get used to seeing labels with several different languages on them, but sometimes the names still make me laugh. These Mamy Poko diapers are the best thing going here. They're almost the cheapest brand of diapers but they're nearly the exact thing as Pampers from home. The Pampers and Huggies here are really expensive, but they're terrible! The Huggies were so thick that Ben couldn't even bring his legs close together...what good is that?


Our happy boy...


When I walked in and saw this yesterday I knew it was time to take down the mobile. It also might explain a bruise on Ben's forehead at the exact height of the mobile base! Ben loved his little animals but I just don't think he needs to catch them.


Just in the last few days Ben has figured out how to pull up on things and has gotten really good at it quickly. He's still working on the balance once he's up, but he's discovered a whole new world just a few feet off the floor. He'll be cruising along the couch soon, I'm sure.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, just had to post how much I love your blog. Candi McGrew is my sister and I often link to your page from hers. My second son was born on Sept.1, 2006 (when Ben was orignally due), I remember hearing about Ben's early arrival and praying for your family. So glad things worked out and what a precious little boy Ben is!
    Take care~Jamie

    ReplyDelete