
Exploring and getting dirty...just like a little boy should...

After Ben went to bed, Matt and I wanted to take part in the holiday and what was most unusual to us was that there is only one big parade and celebration in the evening. Coming from such a huge country, we're used to all kinds of events to choose from for Independence Day, but in a country that will fit inside Houston's loop 610 there is only one big celebration for everyone to attend. It was a huge parade on a floating stage on the bay along with parachuters, helicopters, and a fireworks display. We enjoyed the evening and felt a little more at home here in Sinagpore. Here's a picture from my camera phone...

Ben's getting so big! All of the sudden his legs have grown an inch and none of his footed pajamas fit anymore. It's been 2 months since he's been weighed and measured so I may take him one day just out of curiosity. It seems like he's lost the baby look overnight as well and he's starting to turn into a toddler.

He's standing on his own a lot more but as soon as he notices he'll usually squat down or grab onto something, even though he was fine until then! And I promise he still smiles, but they've been hard to catch on camera lately. Ben is really not as serious as these pictures make him out to be!

This one's for Grumpy...Ben reminded me of a little Popeye. It must be from hearing you sing the song about 1,000 times! :)

Ben and his favorite book. I've put it on several different shelves in the study and he finds it every time. I guess a neon orange book is just screaming to be picked up.
No comments:
Post a Comment