Tuesday, January 08, 2008

We're Expecting!

Happy New Year! We hope 2008 is a year full of joy for everyone. May God bless you all in everything you do.

I'm still way behind on the blog but my excuse this time is our trip back to Singapore. We made it in safely last night and are happy to report that all 6 of our suitcases made it as well! We had an unbelievable amount of stuff to bring back with us and I'm sure it's going to be that way every year, but it's so exciting to get to shop in the US and find all the things we want at normal prices. Ben was great on the flights and didn't throw up this time so I was very happy as well :)

This was our family Christmas present this year! We got our first glimpse just before Christmas of the 2cm fetus and the tiny heart beating.


We're due August 1, 2008, and would love nothing more than a healthy full-term baby. It's exciting to be pregnant again because I absolutely loved being pregnant with Ben and felt so cheated on the 3 1/2 months we missed together. It's also a little bit terrifying because we could very likely have another preemie, although we are hoping and praying that the Lord will bless us with a nice chubby baby this time around. In the next month or two, I will have a cerclage procedure to hopefully help me carry this baby at least 36 weeks, which is considered full-term. I won't go into detail but you can read about it at http://www.webmd.com/baby/cervical-cerclage-to-prevent-preterm-delivery. We have an excellent neonatalogist in Singapore if needed and they have all of the same technology found in the NICUs stateside so at least we know that living abroad shouldn't pose any additional risks to this baby.

My only regret is that I spent most of my time in the states with morning sickness and fatigue so I didn't get to visit everyone I'd hoped to see, but it was nice having fast food close at hand so when I needed a whataburger taquito it was easy to find. I had originally hoped to return to Texas in the summer with Ben for a few weeks but since we'll be busy with a newborn it looks like we won't be back until next Christmas. Baby #2 should be about 4 months old next December so hopefully that will be a good time to travel with a toddler and an infant.

I'll get more pictures updated soon!

4 comments:

  1. i'm so excited for you guys!!! that's a wonderful christmas news!! :) there's only one thing better than 1 precious baby... 2 precious babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:42 AM

    Congratulations again!! We are so excited for you all!! I am glad you made it home safe.
    Deachi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on Baby Kirkham 2!! I'm looking forward to reading all about him or her on the blog!! Allison

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so exciting! Best wishes for nine smooth months!!

    ReplyDelete