Tuesday, September 02, 2008

The Big Move

We had a very productive weekend - we got Ben all settled in his new room and Alex out of our bedroom. Here's a look at Ben's room with all his toys and Elmos. Even though he really only sleeps holding puppy and blankie, and occasionally his new kitty, he notices if even one Elmo is missing from his bed. Who knew they were all so important? The good news is that Ben had no trouble at all settling into his new room and bed and has slept all night every night in there so far. His naps have been short, I think because he's excited to wake up and play, but we can live with that.
Ben and his favorite shoes...they are required for pushing the cart around the house and out on the porch.

And here's Alex hanging out in his new bed. He could care less where he sleeps at night but he is really happy watching the mobile over the crib.

And here's a look at the room turned into a nursery again for Alex. It's nice for us as well because Matt gets a full night's sleep now and I can feed Alex in the rocker at night. And now that Alex is in the next room instead of a few feet away, I can hear him crying but I don't hear all the grunts and mumbles all night. I think we're all happy with the new arrangement!

Here's my little burrito baby! He hates to be swaddled but it sure helps him sleep well so I'm going to continue for a while longer. Last night he only woke up once between 9pm-7am so I'd say it's worth hearing him complain when I wrap him up.

Wow...look at the difference between our boys.
Here is Ben at 4 months (his corrected age, he was actually nearly 8 months old) when he had just started wearing 3-6 month clothes.
And here's Alex at nearly 2 months in the same onesie and swing. He's a bit shorter than Ben in the other picture but what a little chunker! I think the sentiment on the shirt is much more appropriate for this guy than for Ben. Alex hasn't skipped many meals but we had to put in a lot of time and effort getting Ben to eat...what am I talking about? that hasn't changed for the most part - Ben still doesn't care much about food in general. He very rarely comes and asks for a snack and we have to talk him into eating most meals. I don't think we'll ever have that problem with Alex!

Ben has been counting a lot lately and it's so cute to hear him! Just don't ask me where the number 5 has gone. Or why 7 sometimes comes after 10.


And in toddler news, Ben had his first time out today. He slapped my leg (hard!) in frustration when I wouldn't give him my pen and I made him sit in time out for what seemed like forever, but was probably about 3 minutes. He kept trying to look at me and say "sorry, sorry, sorry" and "please, mama" so I think he got the idea that he'd done something wrong. I'm not sure we'll ever be able to spank this guy because he seems to have an incredibly high pain tolerance and it doesn't even phase him. Hopefully other forms of punishment will get his attention.

1 comment:

  1. you have such cute boys! i love ben's big boy room! also... i swaddled both of my babies until they were about 6 months old. ha! go as long as they'll let you! :)

    ReplyDelete