Sunday, November 09, 2008

4 months!

Alex had his 4-month checkup on Friday and he's doing great. He weighs 16 lbs 3 oz, putting him in the 75th percentile for weight and 50th percentile for length at 24.8 inches. I was surprised that his big head was only 16.5 inches and 50th percentile, so it's very average. Not many parents get excited about having such normal measurements, but anyone who's had a preemie or low-birthweight baby can understand our joy! Ben only weighs about 25 pounds and has rarely even registered on the weight chart in his life. I forget sometimes that Alex was a preemie himself because I don't have to correct for his age in any of his development, but I do laugh to think how big he might be if he was born full-term.

I got my first night off as a mother of two this weekend and it was wonderful. Two girlfriends and I went across the border into Malaysia to a resort and spent a day and a half relaxing by the pool and enjoying a massage. It was also nice to eat an entire meal while it was warm and sleep all night! I thoroughly enjoyed my much-needed break while all my boys spent some time together, but I was really excited to get home to see them all today. Thanks, Daddy, for taking great care of everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! And both Alex and Ben are so adoreable! You are still beautiful as ever-- mommyhood looks great on you!
    also, How did you get a background layout other than the basic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how big little Alex has gotten!! Magnolia just hit the 17lb mark around 7 or 8 months old!!!

    ReplyDelete