Saturday, April 10, 2010

Zoo Day

We're in the middle of two weeks of school holidays, so all our normal activities are on hiatus. I've been keeping the kids busy with playdates and our favorite one last week was at the zoo. We met 3 other moms and their kids for some fun at the zoo and even though we didn't see a lot of the animals the kids had a great time. I never had to worry about Ben because Brynn held his hand the entire time.

We found the kids activity area with some coloring and crafts.

Alex did a little coloring but was more interested in climbing in and out of the chairs. This little guy walked until his legs just couldn't go any more and he finally let me push him in the stroller.

Lunchtime! We all had a picnic together. Australians are big on bringing their own food and drink, which I love, but I did think it was a bit weird to find a coin-operated breathalyzer next to the main picnic grounds. Somehow I don't picture the zoo as a place to get drunk.

Alex, Malcolm, Brynn, Ben, and Austin. We were missing Brynn's sister Ansley but 5 out of 6 kids sitting and looking near the camera isn't bad!

The fall weather here is absolutely gorgeous. It's in the high 50's at night and mid 70's during the day. It's already too cold for swimming or the beach but perfect for picnics at our favorite playground on the beach.

We hand fed a lot of the more daring pigeons and Matt picked this one up.

Alex stayed busy chasing the rest of them away.

Somehow the kids always manage to find any place to get wet, dirty, or wet and dirty. Alex was washing his feet in the tiny trickle of water leaking from the foot shower.

Two of my guys walking home.

No comments:

Post a Comment