Monday, December 13, 2010

Kindy Gym

We've just finished up another term at Kindy Gymnastics and it's still the highlight of the kids' week. Both boys absolutely love going and have shown great benefits from the skills they've learned. It's actually a full-on gymnastics training center for the Western Australia Institute of Sport and their gymnast Lauren Mitchell won the all-around gold at this year's world championships. Kind of cool since we've seen her help out with the kids on occasion.

Once a term we're allowed to bring cameras inside and capture some of the fun.

The favorite part each week is the long tumbling trampoline. Alex was practicing his rocket jumps all the way down.


Boys both love the instructor, Andre. He's Brazilian and has a great accent and terrific sense of humor. Andre is a big fan of the certificate ceremony at the end of the term where each kid shows off a few skills in front of the class but unfortunately I didn't have my camera ready when he called Alex's name.

Ben always plays in the creche (the childcare room) during Alex's class, but since their classes are back-to-back it's usually a scramble for me to get Alex out and get Ben in before his class begins. Lucky for me, there is a zumba class next door so I can park Alex at the door and let him dance while I fetch Ben.



I don't attend class with Ben since he's older but still love to cheer him down the big trampoline when his turn comes.

Here's Ben certificate walk, only he forgot to pick up his certificate!


Ben especially loves Andre...it's a sweet little man-crush. I usually watch his class from the windows above and can always spot Ben because he's about 6 inches or less from Andre.

Ben also finished his last term of his kindy today but unfortunately I didn't get any pictures. I was hoping for some sort of graduation ceremony since all the 4-year olds will be starting pre-primary next year but since it was the school's first year they're still getting things like that organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment