Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Things Worth Remembering

The first time the boys cleaned up a mess without being asked!
I was carrying the vacuum upstairs and saw the boys using a toy car to break crackers on the steps. Lovely. I figured I'd let them vacuum up their mess when I finished but when I came back down the stairs all the crumbs had mysteriously disappeared. I was initially very suspicious but later ran across this beautiful surprise. Someone had swept up the mess!

The first time we caught Alex sleeping with his hand down his pants!
I peeked in his room last night and figured he hadn't moved an inch since we left. Closer examination revealed that his hand also hadn't moved an inch since he fell asleep. Ugh. Men. And you may notice that he's claimed Ben's bed since Ben now sleeps in the guest room. It's about time since he's way too big for a toddler bed anymore.

The first chore we've pawned off entirely on the kids!
Our lovable buddy Clark still visits our porch every day looking for a snack, but unfortunately so do his bigger friends the magpies. I wouldn't mind except I'm really tired of mopping their enormous poo's off the table and floors so I taught the kids to run out and scare them away over and over. Alex took it to a whole new level when he got this plastic baseball bat in a kids meal. Very effective, yet the birds know to come back as soon as he's inside.


Afterward, both Ben and Alex wanted their picture taken getting some air and swinging the bat around. Endless fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment