Friday, September 23, 2011

Coldplay

Matt and I were fortunate enough last week to win FREE tickets to a Coldplay concert in Austin. Not the Austin City Limits Music Festival (which I was tempted to try, until I saw the last minute 1-day passes were almost $200 each) but a taping at the ACL Live venue for a show that will air on new year's eve. We didn't care anything about the fact that it was being taped...to us it was an intimate concert with our favorite band in the world with an added bonus of watching in on TV in December!

This is not zoomed in at all. We were about 10 people back from the stage so only a handful of people were in between me and Chris Martin. I looked everywhere for Gwyneth but she was nowhere to be seen.

They said no taping or photography at the concert but everyone was doing it so I couldn't resist a few clips. I didn't want to spend too much time fiddling with my phone so they're not great but you get the idea. Here's my current favorite, their new single Paradise:


And my all-time favorite, Fix You. It was fun watching Chris dance around on such a small stage after seeing him in two huge arenas.


We got to hear several new unreleased songs from their album due out next month and even got to count down to 2012 for the TV event. What an amazing night! And for FREE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment