Alex was all smiles today because it was his turn to head back to school and he was really excited. We met his teacher last week and saw his new classroom (on the "big kid" side of school) and he has been dying to go back every since. Today the countdown finally ended and my big 4-year old had lots of faces to celebrate the big day.
At school he walked me straight to his new class and he jumped right into things. We were both happy to see his little friend Brody from last year is in his class again this year. After a "Hi Alex" and "Hi Brody" they picked up right where they left off 3 months ago.
After school, he is still all smiles and so happy about a great day. (but also happy to be home and catch up on his Busytown Mysteries, the boys' newest favorite show)
I also had a great day and really enjoyed some time to myself! It wasn't hard to drop him off this morning because Alex was so happy to be at school, but a little part of me panicked when I realized this is the last year of preschool in this family. Next year I'll be walking two into elementary school...yikes! I'm not going to think about that yet. Here's to a great year in the 4-year old class!






No comments:
Post a Comment