I was pretty excited to help out with Ben's field trip to the Oil Ranch yesterday because it was my favorite field trip as a kid! (nevermind the fact that I had the WORST luck about waking up sick the morning of every other field trip so it was the only one I attended in elementary) Plus, it's so much fun to introduce the kids to things I used to love and see that they're still a lot of fun.
I was in charge of these three cute boys - Ben, Bently, and Cooper. We all had a great time together and they were so cooperative that it made it easy to see all the sights. It didn't hurt that it was an absolutely gorgeous day and great to be outside. First stop - the train ride.
Next, we hopped on the hay ride and waved to the train as it passed. That's Ben's wonderful teacher, Mrs. Cooper, and I just realized I never got one of the two of them together.
The farmer gave each kid some food and stopped in the pasture so we could feed the animals.
The cows came running and wasted no time sticking their heads straight in the trailer.
Feed me!!
Next, we hit the barn for some fun in the hay. My phone camera didn't do well in this lighting but I like the action shot of Ben leaping off the tallest bales.
After lunch, we headed over to the big swings.
All the boys loved climbing these poles to ring the bell at the top.
We checked out the teepee.
We stopped in another barn to feed some sweet little goats.
The boys all took turns carefully brushing the goats, too. One boy even apologized for brushing one goat the wrong way...so sweet!
Ben loved this little guy - a teenaged pygmy goat that liked to stand on the hay bale.
Every time we passed this tractor all the boys had to climb on and "drive" it. One did the steering wheel, one shifted, and one manned the brakes. Teamwork!
After a busy (and very warm - 82 in November?!) day, all the kids got to pick out a pumpkin to take home. I love where Sariah and several other kids decided to hold theirs!
Class picture before they all got on the bus to head back to school. It was a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment