It seems like I've been to one or both of the boys' schools for something every day this week! Lots of fun things going on in the 4 to 6-year old crowds.
Ben's school had a first grade "reading restaurant", which was very cute and I was so proud of all the work Ben had done.
The classroom was decorated as a restaurant and each kid had written out a custom menu of all the things he would read. Ben read me three books and then one he'd written and illustrated himself. He's worked hard on his reading this year and I love seeing how much progress he's made!
The next day was Alex's rodeo day. It was in the youth building of the church this year so the lighting was a bit interesting and the parents had to take pictures of the rodeo activities and races from upstairs.
Alex's class with Miss Heather. Love the huge hole in Alex's jeans that exploded that day so his entire knee is hanging out in this picture.
The following day it was back to Ben's school twice, first to read to the class (one of my favorite activities!) and then a few hours later for his school fun run. I had my doubts about this one but they had a DJ out there playing music and getting the kids to run, skip, race and tag, so it was actually really fun. Plus, it was a gorgeous sunny day so I was (almost) inspired to run with him.
Ben was fired up before the run kicked off.
The track was 1/16th of a mile and the kids kept track of how many laps they had run by tick marks on the back of their t-shirts.
He started off really strong but a few dozen laps later, this guy was worn out!
I was proud of this guy for his 23 laps. More than I could have run :)
A few older pictures off my phone...
Ben lost a filling last week and had to go to the dentist. He was then referred to a pediatric dentist who recommended two crowns due to the shape and position of his fillings so we wouldn't keep having the same problem. He was pretty upset, so what better way to cheer a kid up than a huge slab of cookie cake? (and later he asked me "what's a crown?" He just knew he didn't want it)
At the third appointment of the week, this time at 7am, both kids were pretty thrilled to play on the train in the waiting room. Ben had to be sedated for his dental work and he drank his solution then played till he was about to fall over. Right when he was slowing down, they took him back, fixed him up, and he was a new guy once he woke up. I was relieved that he was never in pain after it was over and the experience was as easy as possible. (and in a slightly ironic note - just a few days later, we discovered his first adult tooth coming in BEHIND his baby tooth, which isn't the slightest bit loose. Looks like we'll be back at the dentist again soon!)
Alex was proud of his baseball cap and asked for this cute picture one day. Love this guy!
Alex has a take-home reader and homework worksheet each week. He's usually pretty happy to read and do the work, but last week he was in no mood for it. Lucky for him, Ben was home and willing to be talked into doing his brother's homework. I probably should have stepped in but I was happy that Ben was being so helpful and that Alex had such good negotiation skills!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment