I do love watching the boys get creative and design their own buildings with legos or magnetic blocks. In this particular case, I don't think Blue and Mario share my sentiments. The kids have been making all kinds of cages, castles, and planes for the poor birds.
This one had a walkway and a playroom. Lucky birds.
Two sad little faces! At least they're patient enough to hang out until they get their freedom.
They even go places in their smaller space stations and rockets.
Two dollars worth of plastic tablecloths turned into an afternoon of fun with capes and stages.
Our favorite activity turned out to be a Shrinky Dinks kit that had been waiting on a shelf for a rainy day. Since we haven't had many rainy days here, an afternoon with no plans turned out to be the magic day and boy did these kids have fun! We colored...
...we baked and watched excitedly as our creations shrank...
...then we assembled monsters and the playscape the the kids played until bedtime. And most of the next morning. Where do I sign up for more of these kits??
We met up with Jack and McKayla, two sweet kids from Ben's first grade class who will also be in the same second grade class! I'm so happy for Ben that he'll know some nice friends on the first day of school. I think there are 11-12 classes for each grade already so that means tons of kids in the school again. Don't know anyone in Alex's class yet but he's never exactly had trouble meeting people so that's nothing to worry about.
No comments:
Post a Comment