Monday, January 06, 2014

Happy New Year!

Where did the time go?  It seems we just started 2013 and now it's over.  It was a really happy, peaceful year for us...no big changes, other than Alex starting kindergarten, and no great issues for any of us.  We are grateful for God's providence and that everyone is healthy and happy and growing right along - we can't ask for anything more!

Here's a look back at how we wrapped up 2013.  Matt went hunting and the boys and I dropped Casey off with Grandma and drove up to Aunt Stacey's.  It didn't take the kids long to remember we still had gifts to exchange!
 

The boys each got a gift card from Uncle Jason and Aunt Stacey and I was shocked that they agreed to go in together to buy something a little more expensive, along with a few things they each really wanted.  After we'd assembled the new parking garage, Reid and Alex had lots of fun driving goldfish down the ramps.

Every time we visit now, the kids want to hike.  No matter that it was barely 40 degrees in the sun...they had a blast!


Apparently I really slacked in the picture department because I got no close ups of all the kids together.  We had a nice visit, though, and headed back on New Years Eve to pick up the puppy and get home to see Daddy.  On our way back from dinner, the kids noticed that our neighbors had sparklers and they were generous enough to share with us.

They also shared their little tanks...

Then the neighbors down the street shared their big sparklers...

...and eventually it turned into a street party, Alex's favorite activity in the world, although he said that one was a Fireworks Street Party, the very best kind.  The kids brought out their chairs to watch the neighbors set off their big fireworks and Matt brought out the safety glasses.  Safety first!

Everyone bundled up and enjoyed the show together. I love our neighbors!  Did I mention we started at 7:30 and finished by 9pm?  Perfect for us to watch the Aggies' amazing comeback against Duke on DVR.

This little girl had to hang out alone inside but thankfully she wasn't bothered at all by the fireworks.  She is still very shy with strangers and not comfortable around the kids, unless she's checking under their chairs for crumbs.  She had better start warming up to two little boys in this house soon because I'm not going to be the only one entertaining her for the rest of her life!  But this sweet little face sure makes me smile.  And she's sure hard to get in a picture that's not blurry.  Puppies are busy!

This is my first dog and only real experience with a puppy so I'm learning a lot.  Thankfully, so is Casey.  Once I started giving her treats for doing her business outside, she sped up the process enormously and now I don't have to watch her like a hawk every second, waiting for her to pee all over our house.  Puppies are much more fun when they can be trusted in the house!  She has been a good little girl and a sweet companion to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment