The kids spread out around the conference room and the parents got to go from child to child and hear about each author. It was a lot of fun! Ben's class posed for a group photo.
The next day I got to enjoy the event I'd been anticipating for weeks - Kinder Mommy Makeover! Alex was really excited as well and couldn't wait to show me the things he'd made. First, I got my Mom poem:
Mom
beautiful, pretty
texting*, baking, cleaning,
Mom is pretty
Mom
(*I was a little worried that this was first, but I noticed that several other kids at his table had used it, too, so I'm not the only texting mom! At least he noticed that I cook and clean, too...ha!)
Next, it was time to get my hair done. Alex was so careful about combing it just so and kept asking if that's how I liked it.
I got a gorgeous manicure. I wore it for almost 18 hours before I had to
The (almost) finished product. Alex had asked me to wear a pretty dress and bring my water bottle because he would even hold it for me when I needed a drink.
He decided I didn't look nice enough so he tried out a few more eyeshadow colors...on my cheeks....
I got some cookies and punch, a sweet song, lots of hugs and kisses, and another priceless creation from Alex. It was such a fun afternoon with my sweetheart!
The trait of the month was endurance and I had to laugh at Alex's response to why he shows endurance - because he plays lego star wars and the levels are hard but he wins. This kid always cracks me up!
He's going to kill me for this picture one day, but I love this shot of Ben! He was asking about the hair clips that came home from mommy makeover and I showed them how they're used.
No comments:
Post a Comment