Monday, November 03, 2014

Halloween

Our Halloween was a fun, costume-filled day!  First I walked an Angry Bird, a cowboy, and Charlotte (from Charlotte's Web) to school with a very nervous hot dog.  It was the first time the kids got to dress up at school, as long as it was a character from a book.  Thank you, Amazon, for carrying angry bird books so Alex could wear his costume!

Then I got to see the kids again as they paraded through the gym.  I wasn't thrilled to go to the story book character parade, but it turned out to be a lot of fun seeing all the kids in costume.  Ben was a blur, but here's proof he was there.

Alex stopped to make sure I got his picture :)

Next up were the classroom parties, as though the kids weren't going to get enough candy at home!

I'm pretty sure most calories consumed all day were various forms of sugar.  Alex shed the angry bird for the rest of school, which was probably wise.

Then back home, the costume was back on and this guy was dying to go trick or treating.  He completed the cul-de-sac and outside circle in record time and was the first kid done this year!

Ben, aka Lightning Larry, aka Benjamin Westin, aka Clint Eastwood (the name changed as the day went on) was excited to carry his pistol for trick or treating.  I'm pretty sure that's the whole reason he wanted to be a cowboy.


22 kids this year!  And a few that didn't make the picture.  The gang all started out together but soon split up because not everyone could maintain the speed of an angry bird.  It was a really fun time watching the kids have fun and enjoying time with our neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment