Sunday, December 14, 2014

December Happenings

We kicked off December with the school's first ever musical production.  Ben had been singing rock and roll songs for months and was so excited to perform for everyone.  Sweet boy was even a little nervous!

The kids all did great and the show was entertaining.  I wanted to remember this picture because it's hard to see any student production these days without looking through a sea of electronic devices.

Ben is right in the middle of this crowd during a serious moment.  He did great and we took him out for ice cream afterward to celebrate.
 

Bart returned in December and had to up his antics a little this year after I learned that kids talk about their elf's adventures at school.  Can't have the slacker elf!  (but only if his ideas take five minutes or less)
 

Casey was pretty excited to meet Bart.  Bart learned never to sit on the floor again.

Matt and I got to get dressed up for a formal Christmas ball, which we ended up loving.  It was held where all my high school proms used to be so it was fun to go back as an adult.  Much more enjoyable with my handsome husband than a high school date :)

Santa and Mrs. Claus were there as well!  Either I've gotten taller or he's gotten shorter...
 

The kids and I took advantage of some beautiful weather and rode our bikes to the gas station for some treats.  Alex dropped all six of his chocolate donuts before the first bite.  While I was digging around for another dollar, I had to get a picture of his heartbreak.  Whatever this boy feels, he feels 150%.  But don't worry, he went back for a replacement.

The closer we got to Christmas, the more excited these kids got!  Especially on Polar Express day at school when they could wear their pajamas.  Next was FREEDOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment