Friday, October 28, 2016

October Birthdays

Happy 40th birthday to Matt!  It was wonderful to celebrate the big day and it's amazing how 40 doesn't sound as old as it used to.  Alex carefully counted the black candles out for the cake and we made a small bonfire to celebrate.
 

Thankfully, we had an absolutely gorgeous October with warm weather, so I was able to surprise Matt with a trip to NLand surf park in Austin just after it opened.  A couple of hours of mid-week surfing less than a two-hour drive from our house?  Yes, please!

No crowds?  No sand?  NO SHARKS?  Even better!!


Glad he got to hang 5 to celebrate his milestone birthday this year.

We also got to celebrate Grammy's birthday.  Last I heard she's still 39...

The other October birthday in our house isn't quite as big a celebration, but we can't forget our baby!


Casey was very fortunate that her 3rd birthday fell on fridge clean-out day and I noticed we had some old salmon, which happens to be her favorite food in the world.  Lucky girl got a little individual salmon cake!

She didn't share one bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment