On other days when I have time, I love to walk around the corner and past the Pondok Indah golf course into a beautiful gated neighborhood called Bukit Golf. It's entirely surrounded by the golf course and full of lovely homes and landscaping. Best of all, it only has two loops (the outer is exactly a mile, which is handy) and one entrance, so there is almost no traffic.
The quiet streets are perfect for walking and I love looking at all the flowers and plants.
Many of the houses have huge sculptures or art out front as well.
By far my favorite part - these incredibly huge, luxurious homes turn their chickens out in the morning :)
The streets are perfectly clean because of all the sweet ladies that sweep every day.
Another pretty plant...no idea what this one is.
Some of the homes are just unbelievably massive. This one would be an entire city block.
But still, there people dipping a little electricity straight from the box...ha!
Back on our street, the homes aren't anything compared to Bukit Golf, but it's a pretty street and I think the vendors out selling snacks all day make it much more interesting.
It's nice being able to walk places in our neighborhood. I've met a friend who runs a bootcamp on her balcony and I can get there in about 20 minutes in the mornings when the driver is still on his way back from taking Matt to work. Thank goodness he's back before I have to walk home, though, because I'm not sure I could get home after my workout.
I had to make a tough choice between boot camp and Alex's first choir performance, but he told me it was no big deal. I chose to show up sweaty to bootcamp and not to a school assembly. I did enjoy the pictures and video on the school website, though!
Sometimes, a good walk in the morning calls for a treat in the afternoon! Every once in a while, we have to hit up McDonald's for something familiar and easy. Extra bonus - they have dipped cones here!
No comments:
Post a Comment