After our busy fall break, we had a very relaxing weekend the following week. Sunday evening, Alex complained that he'd gotten lots of mosquito bites and I started putting cream on a few, then realized he actually had hives.
As I worked through all the itchy places, I got down to his foot, which was swollen enormously and discolored. All we could see was a tiny scratch so we had no idea what was causing the swelling.
Time to go to the SOS clinic!
By the time we got there, he was itching all over, poor guy. The doctor confirmed that he was definitely having a reaction to whatever scraped his foot, but unfortunately we have no idea how he got the scratch. Ironically, it was the same expat doctor I saw late on a Sunday night one year ago with my own allergic reaction to the hornet sting. We shared a good laugh at our family's mysterious swelling issues.
After a hefty dose of antihistamines, Alex went to bed and woke up much better the next day. It took almost a week for his foot to look normal again.
The hives were gone but his hands were little swollen sausages all day. Thank goodness that passed as well and he was good as new.
No comments:
Post a Comment