When my friend Hope moved away early, I inherited responsibility for the 5th grade party. It's a big deal here and I had a pretty high standard to live up to for 99 students, so I spent many an hour coordinating everything.
When the big day finally arrived, everything came together beautifully at the Theater room in the American Club.
The lucky kids even got their own cotton candy maker! In retrospect, maybe feeding them pure sugar at the start of the party wasn't the best idea...
They had a full buffet, a high school DJ, and a photo booth.
Each child had a poster with pictures from different ages.
Yes...we recycled last year's poster but the 8 turned into a lovely 9!
When the kids arrived, they were thrilled about their own dance party!
A quick pick with my not-so-little guy! It's hard to believe the elementary years are almost over but he's so ready for middle school and I'm excited to have both kids in the same campus next year.
All of the kids took some terrific pictures in the photo booth.
There was a lot of dancing all night!
Lots of kids also played some games with their friends or drew on the art tables.
All of the kids from 5E. It's been a great year together!
Thankfully, when the party was over, everything came down so much faster than it went up! It went really well and I was so happy to pack up all the supplies and pass them off to some 4th grade moms to take over next year.





No comments:
Post a Comment