Wednesday, October 30, 2019

BWA Golf Tournament

I was excited to take part in the BWA golf tournament for a second year.  It's always in October for breast cancer awareness and the money raised goes directly to fund mammograms for local women.  I played with Pam, Andrea, and Marisol and thankfully it's a scramble style so we were all able to make good shots for our team.

It was a 70's theme this year and we were some pretty amazing tie-dye divas! Andrea sourced our outfits and came up with the tie dye over the summer in the US, so we were looking pretty good.

I get pretty tired playing 18 holes normally but they have several fun holes to shake things up and keep it interesting, like the pool putt hole.  Pam made the shot for us! (check out my good form - Marisol is also my pilates instructor so I had to do things right!)

On a par 3, we could rent the instructor Tommy to shoot for us.  If we were willing to pay more, then we could choose the club he would use.  I paid extra to see how he could do with a kids iron and he made a perfect shot on the green!  I did not.
 

Pam had an awesome playlist for us all day and everyone loved our music.  Dance monkey, anyone?
 

Finally, at our last hole we could celebrate a great day!  I'm still not much of a golfer but I love a day on the course with these ladies!

 Matoa is not the lovely course we saw in Bali but it was a fun day.

I burned some serious calories in the heat!

No comments:

Post a Comment