Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Back to Jakarta

Ah, the game of fit-everything-we-bought-all-summer-into-suitcases was a little more challenging this time around.  I wasn't walking much and had to take breaks so it took much longer than usual.

Thankfully, this was not my first rodeo and we got everything packed.  Even had extra room to buy more groceries and squeeze in the bag of books Ben almost forgot.

It was not the easiest trip for me.  The big ole boot did keep me protected and allowed me to walk but it wasn't comfortable and of course my foot swelled on the plane. I've never been more thankful for a big seat to keep my foot elevated the whole trip, though!

Goodbye, Texas! See you next time!

We arrived super late into Doha but we were escorted by golf cart straight to our next flight, which was patiently waiting for our arrival.  Even two of our 6 checked bags made it in 15 minutes! (and thankfully the rest arrived on the next flight)

Back to Jakarta and the long day of trying to stay awake! Ben was happy to see all the birds and spend time with them. I was happy for once that I didn't unpack everything on one day because I just couldn't walk that much.  It was nice having some bags show up the next day to force me to slow down.

We don't usually cut it so close, but just a few days later, these two both headed to high school and year 6 at JIS! Grades 9 and 11


The moms celebrated a real start to school IN PERSON for the first time since 2019!

I celebrated baby steps toward healing up!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment