Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Books

Ben has become fascinated with books lately. We read several each day before naps and bedtime and I'm starting to get help turning the pages and choosing the titles. Ben carried this one in the bathroom with him and sat down to flip through it. Well, I use the word carry loosely - I should say he pushed it along the floor with him as he crawled, one of his hobbies with anything within reach.


Like probably every kid his age, he's really into feeling everything, so these touch and feel books are high on his list of favorites!


Since we moved to Singapore, I've been really surprised by the number of insects here...surprisingly there are barely any! I thought for sure our bathroom would be crawling with all kinds of bugs since we leave the window open (there's no a/c in there) but all we get is a gnat every once in a while. So the longer we've been here, the move obvious the reason has become - they spray like maniacs around here, mostly to kill the mosquitoes and keep dengue fever from spreading. Look at how thick this chemical fog is outside our window!


It's hard to even see the tennis court after they spray. Thank goodness the guy doing it is wearing a gas mask.


So instead of bugs in the house, we get geckos. They come in the cracks under the doors and scare us to death when they suddenly dash across the ceiling or around the floor. Luckily they're terrified of people and run back out pretty quickly, but they're ugly little fellows and I don't really like sharing my house with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment