He still took a lot of coaxing this morning but I managed to bribe him with M&M's enough that he realized he can decide when and where he wants to go. After he'd walk towards me as far as he could go, I'd give him one M&M.

Ben played with his prize for a while (thank goodness for that candy coating or we'd have had a huge mess!)

I'm glad this little guy seems to like chocolate as much as I do.

I about died a few hours later when he came walking around the corner all
by himself! He was just the cutest thing I'd ever seen! He seems to have realized he can do a lot more than he thought, so right after he walked into the room by himself, he crawled right into the bin of clothes I was sorting and made himself at home. Ben helped pull things out and put them back in, but didn't seem to catch on to the organization idea so I had to work fast to keep things in the right piles.

What a cozy little bed!

Unfortunately, it looks like this newfound talent for walking will also lead to very black and blue boy. He hit his upper lip once and got a nice goose egg on the forehead. That was just in about 2 hours. I dread what will happen with a full day of walking! I sure miss all of the carpet in our old house right now.

In other exciting news, we are all officially coming back to Houston for Christmas! Ben and I will be in town all of December and Matt will join us towards Christmas since he's limited on his vacation time. We are really looking forward to spending time with our families and friends and catching up with everyone.
Yea! Ben is walking! What a big boy!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see you at Christmas! We all miss you at work...
Autumn