Happy Thanksgiving!
We wish all of our family and friends a wonderful day of celebrating God's gifts. While it's different for us to be spending our Thanksgiving away from our families, it really makes us appreciate our time with them and look forward to spending Christmas together. Ben and I make the long journey (about 26 hours door to door) on Sunday so we're busy packing our bags and saying goodbye to our friends here before we disappear for 7 weeks. It seems so odd to be leaving our new friends already but I think we picked the right time for a trip back to Texas because we've become settled enough here to look forward to returning.
Exactly 6 months ago Ben and I made our trip over here on his birthday and he was still a little guy that was just sitting up on his own. Now at 18 months, he's running, talking a little, and into everything...I don't think anyone will recognize him! I do know that he's going to love all the attention he gets from his grandparents who have been missing him so much. We are so excited about our trip and looking forward to catching up with our family and friends and celebrating Christmas together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment