Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Fun with Markers

Stacey and Jason have already left to spend a few days in Phuket, Thailand, so we're entertaining ourselves until they get back on Friday. Hopefully they'll be recovered from their jetlag by then because we have a lot to do over the weekend! It's so exciting to see some family, but also to get to share our Singapore lives with someone. I never thought I'd live so far away from my sister so thank goodness for phones and email!

While Ben is waiting for his entertainment to return, he has managed to take his art to a new extreme. I took off his clothes because I found out that the markers are NOT washable on fabric and he took advantage of all the new canvas to color. (they do wash right off skin and the floor, thank goodness)


The diaper came off as well (lucky for me he figured out that trick several months ago) and Ben even managed to color on his little bottom. That's true talent.


Baby #2 is growing and getting more active by the day. We had our detailed 20-week ultrasound last week and everything looks great so far. And it's still definitely a boy! He was consistently measuring large in all the fields so the doctor thinks I'm actually a week more pregnant than originally thought, but she hasn't changed my due date yet. It was originally July 23rd so that may end up being correct after all. We will be thrilled with any July birthdate because that would mean the baby would be full-term!

I'm on my way to (gulp) sign Ben up for preschool tomorrow morning. I have really mixed feelings about it but it's only 3 mornings a week and it's right across the street. He won't actually start until the end of May so I have a long time to get used to the idea but I can't believe my baby will be going to school already! He's learning so quickly now that I think the external stimulus will be great for him, as well as the added socialization he can't get at home. Ben has quit crying when we leave him in the nursery at church so I think he's old enough to do some more activities on his own. Plus, that will give me some time to relax at home and finish cooking baby #2. That's pretty high on our priority list this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment