Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Dancing Maniac

All Ben has wanted to do lately is dance to any song that says "jump" in it. And then at the appropriate time he jumps like a little crazy man...it's so funny to watch. Here he is playing with Aunt Amanda. (You may notice in the picture that he got a new set of keys...that's an interesting story, so keep reading)

A little action:


On Monday afternoon Ben closed himself in our bedroom and when I went to open the door it was locked. I thought it was no big deal, just one of those locks that needs a straight key or bobby pin to open it. Wrong! Much to my surprise and chagrin, this door has a keyed lock on it!! Ben was starting to panic on the other side because things weren't working out the way he'd planned and he was yelling and crying pretty loudly. Amanda and I tried everything to jimmy the lock open and went through every drawer looking for spare keys that may fit (thus the new keychain for Ben - all of the old keys that we no longer need). Finally we had to call a locksmith to open the door and even he had some trouble because he said the lock was jammed. I'm sure it hasn't been used in years because how many people need to lock their bedroom?? Poor little Ben was huddled in the middle of our bed crying big fat tears and yelling "mama, daddy!" over and over. I felt terrible! He was alone in there for just under an hour and I thought he'd take advantage of the time to get in all the drawers that he's not supposed to be in, but he was not happy about the accidental independence. At least we located the correct keys so it won't happen in the future. And after a few good dance songs the whole ordeal was forgotten.

Baby #2 is still growing and kicking away and got a great check-up yesterday. He's still sitting nice and high, which is good because it appears I won't be going into labor soon but that could always change. Matt is traveling for the next 10 days so I'm praying the little guy will stay put at least until Daddy comes home! The doctor scheduled a c-section for July 16th so that may be the big day if baby doesn't try to come early. I'm going to do everything I can to keep him in for another month and let him finish cooking, but I'm still slowly getting everything around the house ready just in case!

We reluctantly said goodbye to Amanda yesterday but we sure enjoyed having some family around for a week. It's a long flight (almost 23 hours in the air via Moscow) so it's not an easy trip but we sure appreciated her coming all the way over to see us!

Ben gave her a big kiss...

...and a big hug when it was time for Amanda to leave.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:56 AM

    Laura you look great! I am so glad this little guy has decided to stay put for now!! Deachi

    ReplyDelete