Saturday, June 07, 2008

A Sad Story

Ben has been showing a very dramatic side lately. He loves to tell very sad stories about the terrible things that happen in his life, like in this case when Elmo ended and Mom turned off the TV. I had to grab the camera for this particular story because Ben also went to the bathroom to grab some tissue and wipe away the tears. The stories are hilarious because usually I can only pick out a few recognizable words but he's very serious about all the details!


It was a rainy morning so we stayed in and assembled a table and chairs from Ikea. Well, I assembled and Ben "helped". He ran and got some computer headphones from a drawer and plugged them into every possible hole....

...and he checked the table for strength and stability....

...and verified that each hole was the right size.

Then when it was all ready for him to use for coloring, Ben decided he liked his own canvas better! I have got to find some washable markers so I don't have to strip him down every time he wants to color. Or teach him how to color on the paper!
Aunt Amanda is back so we have two more days to enjoy her company before she heads back to Houston. Unfortunately my camera battery died this morning but hopefully I'll get more pictures this afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. Awe....what a very sad story. Does he get the dramatic side from matt???

    ReplyDelete