Friday, July 11, 2008

A Big Day

It's hard being a newborn! First people interrupt your nice naps...

...and then they expect you to look at the camera...

...and even hope for you to smile. It's a lot of work.

Little did Alex know that the worst was yet to come...
"Do you have any idea what they just did to me?!?"
I was privileged to sit in on the circumcision procedure...definitely not for the faint-hearted and probably something I could have lived without, but at least I got to hold Alex's hands and hopefully comfort him a little. Glad we got that over with because it's definitely not something you want a little boy to remember!

Other than that, Alex had a good day and looks ready to come home as early as Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:44 PM

    Matt and Laura,

    Congrats on the new big boy in the family! He so looks like Matt. We can't wait for you to bring him home. God is so good to bless you with this healthy boy. We are praying for you.

    Uncle Steve and Aunt Sharon Shepherd

    ReplyDelete