Tuesday, October 07, 2008

A Day At The Farm

First, look at who is 3 months old already! What a beautiful boy :) Now if I could just figure out the secret to getting him to sleep he'd be a perfect little baby. Not that I'm the first mom to have that problem...I just feel a little behind the curve since Ben was so different from an average newborn that I have no experience to go on, but I still have to chase a 2-year old while I'm learning. Ben came home on a strict eating schedule that didn't change until his first growth spurt. He never woke up at night, although we set our alarms and woke him up at scheduled times for a few months. Once he was big enough to skip the overnight feed and we stopped waking him, he slept 10 hours every night. Ben weaned himself off his pacifier around 3-4 months with no help. (Not to say Ben was a perfect baby because it took him an hour to finish a bottle and he only napped on my chest, or later Grammy or Grumpy's chest once I went back to work) Now Alex is the complete opposite! He does sleep well most nights but I think he's falling into the habit of waking up instead of truly being hungry so I'm hoping to break that pretty soon.

Over the weekend we were looking for something entertaining for Ben and we stumbled upon a goat farm. It's in the Kranji Countryside, as though a small island of 4.5 million people could truly have a country area. It was far enough away from the city center that we could actually believe we weren't in Singapore for a few miles.

Ben loved the goats!

And they loved him!

Alex was just along for the ride but it will be fun one day when he can enjoy these activities as well.



Ben decided the goats needed a kiss...not exactly what I would have chosen for him to do but since he already had goat all over his face it was worth getting a picture!

Later we stopped at another farm that had cows as well so Ben got to see quite a few barnyard animals. He is turning out to be quite the animal lover which makes me happy because I love doing anything that involves furry creatures, especially since we don't have any pets at home at the moment. I'd love to adopt something here but it would break all of our hearts to leave it whenever we move and I couldn't put an animal through a 24-hour plane trip. So farms it is for now....

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried making a sleep nest? It may trick him into thinking someone is holding him while he sleeps. We do it for Max and he has slept 6-8 hours since about 5 weeks. Just a suggestion. Let me know if you are interested and I will explain how you do it.
    It worked for us anyway.

    ReplyDelete