Anyway, look at how big Alex is getting! He's smiling a lot these days and just beginning to laugh a little. I can't wait to get that on video.


Testing out the bumbo chair. Alex may get to spend more time in it once I get Ben out!

Alex had a few days of blissfully easy sleep, but I think he was teasing me because today he's back up to his old tricks. It takes me several tries and usually at least 30 minutes to get him down for each nap, not an easy task with a 2-year old in the house who only talks in one volume - loud.

Ben is becoming much more interested in Alex because he's starting to see some reaction in his little brother. When Alex is playing on the floor, Ben brings him toys whether Alex needs them or not. It appears that we're going to have two blue-eyed boys, which is great news, but really hard when I'm trying to correct the red eye in every picture! Right now I can't fix Alex's eyes most of the time so he'll just have to live with red eyes in his baby book.

We have postponed any sort of potty training because of these blue jeans. Ben will not be separated from them at the moment, so the day I decided to strip him down he cried for the jeans for an hour before I gave in and put them back on. Apparently they look better with a rubber belt, too.

Yesterday was a national holiday for Hari Raya (a muslim holiday for the end of ramadan, I think) so we spent the morning on a hiking trail through a nature reserve so Ben could see some monkeys. We saw several from the car but never happened upon any in the forest, but Ben had a great time exploring anyway.

Remember the days when you didn't avoid puddles?
And one last video....I know Ben is too young to read but I didn't know he'd already memorized some of his favorite books! He knows what to say on nearly every page.
No comments:
Post a Comment