Thursday, February 12, 2009

Videos

Here's Alex in real time. He's quite the laugher these days and loves to play peekaboo. We seem to have made it past the worst of the teething, for now anyway, so our good-natured smiling boy has returned. He is an absolute joy.


And this is as far as I can get him to roll. I have no doubt that he's physically capable of rolling all the way but I haven't found enough incentive yet. He happened to be in the middle of an outfit change when I took the video and I love seeing his fat belly!

Maybe if I start putting food just out of reach he'll be more willing to roll. He's figured out how to get the cereal in his mouth now, which is a huge bonus for me because he's happy sit in his high chair and nibble on cereal while Ben takes his sweet time picking at his food. It's pretty obvious which kid eats like Mom (I took hours to finish my dinner as a kid) and which one takes after Dad (who can swallow his entire dinner in about 3 bites).

Ben just amazes me with the things he says and does every day. His imagination is working full-time now. I saw him put a toy truck upside down on the couch the other day and asked what he was doing and he told me to be quiet because the truck was sleeping. Two nights ago he wrapped his foot in his washcloth after bathtime and told me it was a "foot present". Interesting...and cute enough for a picture. He did the same thing last night and then told me to go get the camera!

Here is the video I was told to make. Nothing like having a 2-year old barking orders! At the end, he says "wrap it tight!". I have no clue where he gets these ideas but he never fails to surprise me or make me laugh.

1 comment:

  1. too cute. isn't it just hilarous what they come up with!? faith is in to wrapping things up as presents too... but she HAS to have REAL wrapping paper and tape... crazy girl. yesterday she wanted to wrap a roll of toilet paper. ha!

    ReplyDelete