I've seen this on several blogs now and I have to share because Matt and I really do have lives outside of the kids!
Me and My Man
♥ What are your middle names? Marie and Benjamin
♥ How long have you been together? Together since 1999, Married since 2002. Wow...that means we met almost 10 years ago.
♥ How long did you know each other before you started dating? We pretty much met and started dating, although it took several months until we were dating seriously
♥ Who asked who out? Matt called to ask me out after we met at a country dance club (Hurricane Harry's for all you Aggies that know). He didn't have a pen to write down my number so I yelled it to him over all the noise and thought there was no way that crazy guy would ever remember it. Because of that I still remember that old number 680-8259
♥ How old are each of you? I am 30 and Matt is 32. Where did our 20's go??
♥ Whose siblings do/ did you see the most? Ummm, neither, since both of our sisters live 10,000 miles away and we miss them dearly.
♥ Do you have any children together? Benjamin and Alexander...I can't remember what our lives were like before they brought us so much joy.
♥ Do you have any pets? Not at the moment. My little Abby was adopted by Grammy when we moved, although I recently bought a fish tank so Ben will get pets as soon as we move.
♥ Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple? Having a baby unexpectedly 3 1/2 months early. Since we survived that first night and those 4 months while Ben was in the hospital I have no doubt we can weather any storms together.
♥ Did you go to the same school? Yes, Texas A&M University. We met just before my senior year so we had an entire year to enjoy College Station together before I graduated and moved.
♥ Are you from the same home town? Pretty close...both from the Houston suburbs.
♥ Who is the smartest? people smarts - Matt, no doubt. book smarts - it's a tight race.
♥ Who is the most sensitive? I cried so much I could barely finish Marley and Me. And I've never had a dog.
♥ Where do you eat out most as a couple? Probably Newton Hawker because I drag Matt there a lot. Otherwise we try to go somewhere different every weekend since there are so many good restaurants here.
♥ Where is the farthest you two have traveled together as a couple? Can you fly farther than Singapore? Before that, our longest trip was to Rio de Janeiro while Matt was working down there. I got to spend a month with him so it was like our last honeymoon before kids, since we got pregnant right after he came home.
♥ Who has the craziest exes? I did have a guy profess his undying love for me and threaten to kill himself after one lunch date. He even wrote I ♥ Laura on the sidewalk outside my work. Yeah, I guess he was a real head case.
♥ Who has the worst temper? Probably not me...
♥ Who does the cooking? We both get off the hook in that department since we have a maid, but I do the cooking on Sundays when she's off.
♥ Who is more social? Matt can talk to absolutely anyone and probably find someone they both know in common. I'm more social with my own circle of friends.
♥ Who is the neat-freak? Me!
♥ Who is more stubborn? both of us. And we wonder how Ben can be so stubborn sometimes...go figure.
♥ Who hogs the bed? That would be me. I will migrate toward any warm body and I hate sleeping alone.
♥ Who wakes up earlier? Matt usually gets up around 5:30 but I'm not far behind since Alex has been insisting on waking up around 6am lately.
♥ Where was your first date? Honey B Ham in College Station, just to meet for lunch. Our first real date was to T-bone Jones.
♥ Who has the bigger family? We each have one sister.
♥ Do you get flowers often? Occasionally and I love it! The nice thing about Singapore is that orchids are cheap and beautiful and last for weeks. My Valentine's orchid is still blooming on our table.
♥ How do you spend the holidays? Together as a family somewhere, although last year I took the boys back to the US for Thanksgiving. It's hard to work the holidays with our extended families right now because we want to spend so much time with everyone.
♥ Who is more jealous? neither of us, really
♥ How long did it take to get serious? I think about a year for both of us. I was living in LA and Matt came to visit for a week. We were both so sad to say goodbye that I think we both knew that very day we wanted to be together.
♥ Who eats more? Matt, but he somehow finishes in half the time.
♥ Who does the laundry? Our maid :)
♥ Who’s better with the computer? Definitely Matt since he built his own computer. And it's scary how not working for 2 years has made me so much slower using programs like excel.
♥Was it love at first sight? Not exactly, but there was definite interest at first sight! How could you not love Matt's smile? It was months before either of us used the L-word but by then we both meant it.
You now know a little more about us...I tag all of our readers because I want to know a little about you. You know the drill, copy...paste...delete...reanswer... look forward to learning more about you and your MAN.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This was fun to read! I think I even remember the night you two met at Harry's!
ReplyDelete