And after:
We got him a good haircut and a great new pair of glasses (spectacles here, although that sounds a little old for him) and that really changed his sweet little face. He looks so much older already! We've been talking about getting his new glasses for a week now and I was really curious to see how he would react. The lady that helped us today explained to Ben that his glasses would sleep in their case next to his bed every night, then she gave him a little bag of "goodies" with the case and cleaner and wipes. About 10 minutes later at another store, I watched Ben take off his glasses and carefully fold them up, then wish them good night and tuck them into their case. I thought things weren't going well. I didn't want to push him today because I'm sure it's disorienting to be getting glasses for the first time but as soon as we got home he pulled his glasses back out and put on his favorite 3-D glasses, too. That may be a bit of overkill but it's making him happy and his real glasses have been on ever since. Hopefully he's seeing a big improvement in his vision with these glasses!
They haven't changed the attitude, though!
This little boy cracks me up!
And not to be left out...little monkey kept saying "cheese! smile!"
Update: As I was posting this, I noticed an odd squeaky noise upstairs. Ben was "cleaning" his glasses and putting them away. Somehow they ended up dirtier than they started. This could get challenging!
He looks great!!!
ReplyDeletehe looks so cute in his glasses!!!
ReplyDelete