Monday, March 15, 2010

Mama's Little Helper

I love Mondays right now. Ben goes to school at 9:15, then Alex and I get to hang out together for several hours. We go straight to his gymnastics class then have a little time for errands or house cleaning before naptime. Today Alex was determined to help me do everything around the house...this is such a fun age! I love getting to spend some one on one time with my little guy. He helped me sweep the porch outside...

...and vacuumed with me inside. Good thing these are such fun activities because they happen a lot! I'm really enjoying seeing Alex's sweet personality and helpful nature when no one else is around to fight with him.

We had a really nice weekend but the only pictures I got were Sunday afternoon at Port Beach, just a couple miles down the road from our house. People were lined up along the coast as far as we could see to watch the Queen Mary 2 ocean liner pull out from the Port of Fremantle. I think these faces tell you how interesting this was to the boys!


We happened to run into a friend and her boys so they got dirty in the sand while we watched the big boat get moving.

This is one huge boat...I wish I could give better perspective of the size. We're looking across the shipping port at it and it just dwarfed everything. It was carrying 3,800 passengers and crew and was the biggest cruise ship in the world a few years ago.

Pulling out through the channel.

And finally out to sea. Too bad it was a hazy day.

At home we got to watch it turn out to sea while we ate dinner on the porch. It was pretty impressive.

Here's a fun little video to show what happens every night after bath time....two little naked boys running around like mad before they collapse for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment