It's HOT here...much hotter than I remembered. I guess a year of low humidity will do that to you because I think the climate isn't that different from Singapore at the moment. It's still hard to have fun outside in the heat but the boys have managed to find every method of keeping cool (waterguns are fun!).
Grumpy found the old flying turtles circa 1984 and they're as much fun as ever!
Chalk is fun, too!
Alex caught right onto hopscotch.
After working up a good sweat he also learned to cool down in Grumpy's garage fan.
Another of Alex's favorite activities is playing the piano. He's surprisingly careful and really listens to the "music" he's making...might have a little Beethoven on our hands.
The highlight of our week was a visit from Miss Lou Anne, our dear friend from Singapore who has since relocated back to the US. We got to spend 3 days together playing, laughing, and shopping. We couldn't pass up a ride on the "carous-wheel", as Ben calls it.
Despite the serious face (he had waited very patiently for a long time to ride) Alex had a ball on the carousel.
We all had so much fun playing with our old friend! She is like family and we look forward to our next visit when Mr. Scott can join in the fun, too.
Ben loves her so much and would do anything in the world for her. She mentioned sandwiches one day and Ben wouldn't eat anything else for lunch. Too bad we couldn't keep her around longer to tell him to eat all his vegetables. Thank you, Lou Anne, for taking the time and braving the flight delays to come visit us!!
Today we packed up everything at Grammy and Grumpy's and moved camp to Grandma and Grandpa's, where the kids will stay this week while I go visit Aunt Stacey and baby Reid. Alex "helped" this morning by sitting on his computer and unpacking toys as fast as I could pick them up.
It's so great to see old friends and get to take part in normal things like baby showers. We're all having a great time here but still miss Daddy. Don't worry Matt - I'm eating extra Blue Bell and tex-mex for you :)
i loved flying turtles!!!! I am glad you are enjoying Texas!!! Where do your parents live now?
ReplyDelete