Today he woke up thrilled that the big day was finally here! Unfortunately he had to wait two hours after Ben got on the bus before going but he survived.
We found his cubby and put all of his things away and he started getting quiet, so I began to wonder if he was having second thoughts.
Uh, no. When we walked into the classroom he said "Hi everyone!" and parked himself with a puzzle. I sat down with him for a minute and he looked at me and said "Bye mom." I took that as my cue to leave. No tears, not a second glance. This guy was READY. He was still all smiles this afternoon when I picked him up and had a wonderful day. I'm so happy that my baby is going to love his school!
The kids enjoyed seeing some of their friends over the weekend. On Saturday we helped our friend Malcolm from Perth celebrate his birthday at the bowling alley.
I can't say they did a lot of bowling but everyone seemed to enjoy running around in the shoes.
Pizza and cupcakes were definitely a hit with my crowd.
Saturday night we had an ex-expat barbeque with families who'd lived in Beijing, Singapore, and Perth. I was a little worried about 10 kids in the house but it was a fantastic group of little ones, probably because seven of them were girls. Nothing like a good movie to keep the troops entertained!
It was a lot of fun hanging out with other people who have recently returned to the US. I've been preparing myself for the big letdown that people have warned about following the move home, but for Matt, myself, and the kids this is definitely the place we're supposed to be right now and we're all content. Life is good.
so fun... can't believe how much the boys are growing up.
ReplyDelete