Monday, February 27, 2012

Hey Batter, Batter...

Ben had his first t-ball practice over the weekend and it was adorable! A bunch of cute 5-year olds running, throwing and hitting balls (and also watching clouds and digging in clover). There were several dads on hand to help coach and Ben was lucky to have his Daddy help teach him the game.

Learning the proper stance...

...but still waving to mom!

A little batting practice


But naturally, this is how Ben finished out his first practice. Digging around in the grass, completely clueless to the action around him. This should be a fun season!

The boys got a bribe, er, I mean reward for being well-behaved for a new babysitter on Saturday night and couldn't wait to dig into a bag of powdered donuts on Sunday morning.

I'll have to use this technique more often! They'll do anything for powdered sugar.
And you may notice in the picture there is an anatomy book on the counter. Ben has had lots of questions about what's inside his body and couldn't find a good book at his school library, so I got this at the county library. I've had tons of fun explaining all the different body systems to the boys and answering their questions. I was lucky enough to skip over the reproductive pages (not very graphic, thank goodness, but I'd still like to put those questions off for another decade or so) several times but they finally noticed a big picture with a baby in the womb. When the "how does the baby get out?" question finally surfaced, I was fortunate to be able to honestly tell them that the doctor cut them both out of my tummy. Hopefully that will be the end of that subject for a while :)

No comments:

Post a Comment