Sunday, February 26, 2012

Rodeo Time

We have all been so excited about late February, because in Houston that means one thing - Rodeo!! Since we didn't know how the kids would like it, we opted first to take them to our local rodeo at a nearby high school which was actually pretty great and a fraction of the price. We walked past some of the animals first and Alex and our friend and neighbor Alexandra stopped for a picture.

Ben was not quite so impressed at first.

Once the action began everyone was pretty enthralled. I still get teary every time I hear the national anthem and Matt and I were both so happy and proud to be enjoying a tradition in the great state of Texas. We really love introducing the kids to things we loved growing up here.

This little rodeo had everything - bronc riding, bull riding, roping, steer wrestling, and lots of mutton busting. We are already looking at getting Ben in on some of that action next year!

The kids' favorite part? The stick horses they took home. They were intended for a kiddy race out in the arena but they didn't get there in time but couldn't have cared less. They're still crazy about these things.
Finally at 9:30, even though the big bull riding was in full swing these little guys had had enough. It was a wonderful night and we can't wait to do it again next year. We'll still go have some fun at the Houston livestock show and catch the carnival there during spring break.

A couple of other cute pictures...

And I love this! It says "I love you this much" from Ben. Is anything sweeter than something handwritten from a 5-year old?

No comments:

Post a Comment