We started celebrating Valentines day a bit early by visiting a nearby strawberry farm. It was fun picking our own berries, but even more fun dipping them in chocolate and eating way too many of them! The kids enjoyed the farm but liked the big dirt pile better than the strawberry picking.
On the actual day, the kids woke up to some treats and a day full of parties.
Ben's party was first thing in the morning so I had to take Alex, too. They both had a lot of fun and the hit of the party was the photo booth with fun accessories for the pictures. Ben took some cute pictures on the official school camera but by the time I took a few for my own keeping, he was pouting that I wasn't going to take him home with me (at 9:30am...no way!). Is this not the saddest BFF picture ever??
Alex's party was at the end of his school day so after many cookies he made a little craft and it was time to go.
This was my favorite valentine! translation: Hi Mom, I luv you so much. Do you wunt to be my valin tine? Circle yes or no (conveniently, yes was already circled). Definitely a keeper.
Both boys are playing t-ball this year. Alex is on a 4-5 year old team and Ben is on a 6-year old team. I'm glad his birthday falls just after the cut-off for age so that he can play t-ball one more year because it's really making sense to him this time around. We will be busy running these boys to their practices and games! So far they've mostly overlapped, which means Matt is coaching Ben's team and I'm taking Alex to his practice. It is pretty hysterical watching a bunch of 4- and 5-year olds learning the game...and his team doesn't seem to want to listen so there are lots of moms yelling at their kids from the stands. Should make for a fun season!
Alex has been so excited to be on his own team and get to practice. He's been paying attention and showing lots of enthusiasm for trying to catch balls (ie. fighting other kids to beat them to the ball). The first time he hit off the tee, he promptly went to catch his own ball and throw it to first. Love my little slugger!
But, if practice goes a little long, count on this guy to check out and pass the time playing with a zipper or something else handy.
At home, Blue and Mario are still the favorite activity and those birds get more attention than most, I'm sure. Here's the happy gang...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment