It was an honor to be invited to the AWA's charity luncheon to kick off the Christmas season here. It was a really beautiful afternoon benefiting several worthy charities and a wonderful way to crank up the gratitude on my part for the countless blessings in our lives.
Some of the children from Pa Van Der Steur Orphanage came to sing Christmas carols and there is nothing more precious than tiny Indonesian kids singing Feliz Navidad!
Our lovely table, graciously hosted by Andrea.
How I love my friends here...I don't know what I would do without them!
And when we're not feeling pretty, we're sweating together upstairs on Andrea's porch at boot camp. December or not, you'd better bring a towel.
On one particularly grey day, I almost convinced myself it was cold outside because everyone on the motorbikes had on jackets and sweaters, and even gloves.
Nope, not cold. Just rainy.
I'm loving this rainy season. We're seeing a lot more rain than we did last year, when it would roll through quickly and then disappear.
This year we're seeing lots more days where the rain sets in and stays for the afternoon. It's delicious when I'm home and get to enjoy it.
We're finding other ways to get in the Christmas spirit, like brunch with friends...
...and Santa! (I do think Under Armour should pay these cute kids for wearing their clothes so well)
I loved Alex's performance with the 5th grade at the Festival of Lights. It's not exactly a Christmas thing but it's joyful and still makes me happy.
I wish he would have told me he'd be one of the video clips and I would have recorded his explanation of why he loves music.
PIE 5th grade at their last Festival
At home, we're enjoying Bart's antics again and everyone is helping him come up with new ideas for mayhem.
And nothing kicks off a good ole fashioned family Christmas like a family movie night with Christmas Vacation!
Our neighbors are going all out with the lights this year...beautiful!!









No comments:
Post a Comment