He had to make sure he looked his best for church with a clean shave...

...put on some shoes and socks....

...and play in the pool!

Today's church service was a special choir program, so we brought Ben out of the nursery towards the end to let him enjoy some of the music. He danced a little and clapped along, but then he started talking a lot and at his usual volume (loud!) so we had to start saying "shhhhh". So then whenever Ben said anything, afterward he'd look at me and say "shhhh". It was hilarious.
This afternoon we all enjoyed the pool and Ben jumped in over and over. He refuses to wear any sort of floats but has no fear of the water, so we've had a few dunking and sputtering incidents but I think they have made him much more aware of holding his breath. Now when he goes under water by choice or unexpectedly, he's either holding his breath or blowing bubbles so we're making great progress towards having a little swimmer. Here's one of the hundred times he jumped in:
Later he was even daring enough to let Matt throw him up and then catch him under the water, and Ben would come up every time with his hands signing "more" as fast as he could! I realized today that Ben has quit using signs for everything else but still hasn't ever verbally said "more", so it's still a hand signal. Sometimes he'll physically grab me to make sure I see him doing the sign so I'm not sure why he hasn't just said the word but I guess it will come in time.
Someone asked me what sort of games they could possibly have for kids Ben's age and here is his favorite. All he has to do is hit any key on the keyboard and then he gets to watch Elmo do something. It's really cute, but I didn't think I'd have to share my computer already!
No comments:
Post a Comment