Ben got me a beautiful orchid and a card (with a little help from Daddy, I think)

He was very excited to give me the card as soon as I got out of the shower on Sunday morning. After church, he took me out to lunch and then let me enjoy a nice, long nap. What a great day!

Ben's favorite new game is "kiss the baby". Really cute at home...slightly embarrassing out in public when he's lifting my shirt!

After the kiss, the second half of the game is "walk on baby brother". I'm hoping that will change once the baby is born!

Another fun game is "steal Daddy's watch" because it usually ends with the watch (also Daddy's alarm) hidden somewhere so we have to hunt it down before bedtime.

Don't laugh at my artwork...apparently Ben is learning some things enough to identify even the worst likenesses!
Ben's biggest entertainment today was definitely sunglasses. He managed to locate both of his pairs at once so that we could each wear some...loads of fun!


Here's my great attempt at a self-video...
Laura, don't feel bad about Ben lifting your shirt to "kiss the baby." Justin reached up and grabbed my top at the age of about 12 months in a grocery store line, pulled it down and said, "Milk." He wanted to nurse right there and then. Unfortunately, I had on a shirt with elastic at the top and he pulled it all the way down to my waist. Steve said it was definitely time to wean the kid when he could ask for it! I did so shortly thereafter.
ReplyDeleteLove you guys and we are praying for you and this new little one.
Uncle Steve and Aunt Sharon Shepherd