Sunday, May 30, 2010

Dora the Explorer Live

I thought it would be fun (or maybe I felt like torturing myself?) to take the boys to see Dora the Explorer Live when it came through town last week. Both kids love the show and were really excited to see the show. Unfortunately the cast didn't seem quite as excited to get things rolling so it started late and the intermission ran long. Luckily we managed to not have a toddler uprising in the place and fun was had by all.

Ben and Alex waiting for the show to start. Our seats were on the back row, which I thought would be terrible but turned out to be great because they could stand all they wanted and were sitting at the aisle so no one blocked their view.

Dora! Boots! And a couple of other characters I haven't bothered to learn.

Alex, Ben, and Austin watching intently and playing with their Dora lights which we of course had to buy first thing.

The kids were extra excited to see Diego because they just started watching that show. I think we'll forget Dora and keep watching Diego since it's much less annoying.

This is the song at the end of every show and the kids jumped up to dance to it. The live version was really cute and I'm glad we went to see it.


Later that afternoon the kids tried on their new raincoats. They were so adorable I took about a dozen pictures!




We also got to enjoy playing with Austin a few times this week. His mom and I have swapped some babysitting time which has worked great for everyone because these little guys have so much fun together.

They had a great time with Ben's marble race. Seems that a birthday benefits more than just one boy in this house!

In a moment of inspiration (or insanity?) on Friday I moved Alex's bed into Ben's room. We'd talked to Ben about it a few weeks ago and Ben said no, but over this past week he warmed up to the idea and kept asking to have Alex sleep in his room. Now we have two boys who play well past their bedtime and wake up much too early. Hopefully the excitement will wear off soon and they'll go back to their normal routines, just with some company at bedtime. My sister and I shared a room until I was 10 and we loved it so I want my boys to enjoy the same late-night games and conversations we used to have.

1 comment:

  1. All you need to do is get them a Glow Worm!! :)

    ReplyDelete