Friday, May 07, 2010

Our Week In Pictures

We've been back in business around here lately - the business of keeping two boys from killing one another on a daily basis. These guys really love each other but they're both really good at pushing one another's buttons (and doing it just out of my sight most of the time). It's good to see a few moments like these when they're standing in such close vicinity and not assaulting one another.

Big kiss! They're both great kissers at the moment. Ben puckers his lips up and Alex says "mmmmmmmmwuhhh!" about 5 seconds after you're done kissing him.

We had a fun playdate at the park after Ben's school one day and Alex was thrilled to find a leaky fountain. He was soaked immediately but didn't seem to mind. Since it's pretty chilly now and definitely cool by the end of the day, I was thankful for the spare outfit I carry in my bag all the time. Helps that both kids can wear the same clothes, too!

All dry and back in action. I was wearing a sweater and felt cold just looking at him but Alex didn't seem to mind a bit.

"Little bitty shopping carts" have been very popular this week. I do my big trip to the grocery store on Mondays while Ben is at school and I only have to wrangle one child through the store. When I'm feeling particularly patient (or just want to punish myself?) I'll let Alex walk and when he's extra lucky he gets the little cart in Claremont. Tons of fun for him, moving weapon to the rest of the world.

Ikea is a favorite in this house for two reasons: more little shopping carts...


...and their fantastic chocolate mousse.

It's a race to see who can finish first, which is why we each get our own every time.

Our other fun outing this week was to the indoor playground. We met Austin there for a great morning of boy craziness.

Nothing could be better than a room full of balls to a preschool aged boy!

Ben got some air in the big bouncy castle.

All the boys did so much laughing and jumping.

Ben was really sweet to help Alex in the huge play structure. It's 3 stories tall and Alex wasn't quite able to do everything himself. Here he was a little freaked out by a rope bridge that moved substantially when they walked across it and Ben took Alex's hand to lead him back to the solid surface. Later, Alex got all the way to the top and couldn't climb up the last platform to reach the slide down to the bottom. Parents aren't allowed inside the structure so all I could do was try to yell instructions to Alex who could have cared less, so instead I sent my little helper up several times to give his little brother a boost. With Ben's help, Alex climbed up the last step and rode the big slide down about 30 minutes later than I'd planned to leave. Then both boys begged to do it all again. Looks like we'll be headed back there soon.

It's still really pleasant to sit out on our balcony during the day right now, although it's too cold in the mornings and evenings. I was having lunch there a few days ago and noticed white feathers drifting from the tree directly in front of me every once in a while. When I studied the tree, I noticed a hawk was also enjoying his lunch at the same time, only his was a cockatoo instead of a sandwich. Pretty interesting to watch, but not necessarily at meal time.

My favorite thing about Perth by far - the amazing sunsets. The sun has moved north enough for us to enjoy it dipping into the ocean each evening (about 5:30 these days). Tonight I actually saw the green flash at the very last moment of sunlight but I didn't have my camera...hope to get that recorded one day. Here was a nice one a few days ago.

1 comment:

  1. Those shopping cart pictures remind me of Llew when he was about that age. One visit he donned his full batman costume while pushing his cart. It wasn't anywhere near halloween which made it that much funnier.

    ReplyDelete