I've realized as I'm raising my kids through the different ages and phases that I've had very little experience with other kids in my life. I did some babysitting but mostly with older girls who wanted to play dress-up or dance so learning about the younger years firsthand has been an eye-opener in many ways. What has really been amazing me lately is HOW MUCH BEN CAN TALK. You know the whole "you can't wait for kids to talk then you can't stop them"? That's Ben. He learned words on time but seemed to take longer to really string together some sentences and tell me what was on his mind, probably between 2 1/2 and 3. Now the chatter is endless and the questions come firing at me all day. I have to admit it gets exhausting and sometimes I call a 5-minute break on questions but often what comes out of his mouth is hilarious or profound or interesting. My favorites lately:
Ben: Mama, you know if we took the doors off the car we could get in and out a lot faster.
Me (complaining about the ridiculous stoplights while I'm driving): This place is so backward sometimes.
Ben: Texas is very forwards. We should live there.
Ben: I don't like Monkey (Alex) anymore.
Me: Why?
Ben: I've liked him for lots of weekends and I'm tired of it.
Matt (after finding Ben sitting on the potty with toilet paper wadded under his bottom): Ben, what's that for?
Ben: It's padding to keep my bottom warm while I sit here.
Ben (in the gym after gymnastics, waving his arms wildly in front of his face): It's raining so hard in here I can barely see! Glad I have my wipers on.
Me: Ben, will you please bring me your cup?
Ben: No, I'm kind of a little too tired right now. You can do it.
He makes me laugh so hard. But right on his heels, little Alex is catching up to the speech game pretty quickly. I'm noticing he talks more when Ben isn't around, probably because he has a second to get a word or two in without someone cutting him off. My Alex favorites of the week:
Alex (very proudly, with a finger in his nose): I pick my nose!!
Me: Alex, would you like some apple?
Alex: No thank you, Mama. (and who says kids can't learn manners this early?? that was a proud moment for me!)
Alex: I wuv u, Mama. (that one melts my heart every time)
I love these sweet, funny boys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
They are so adorable!!! I died laughing when Ben said he was too tired to bring you his cup so you could do it. That is just hilarious!!!!
ReplyDeleteThese are hilarious! Love these!!
ReplyDelete