Monday, September 13, 2010

SciTech

I'm not sure why it's taken us a year to finally visit SciTech, the children's science center here, but I'm glad we finally made it! The kids absolutely loved it so we got a membership and took Daddy back a few days later. We're both science geeks ourselves so we weren't exactly bored either :)

There is a great preschooler area full of exhibits that were perfect for both Ben and Alex. This machine combined balls, wheels, and loud noises so of course Alex was in heaven. He kept trying to shoo the other kids away from it by declaring it "mine". Luckily, it's big and requires several kids turning wheels at the same time to get the balls all the way around so there was plenty of room to share.

Ben enjoyed the ball floating in the air.

Both boys worked together (yes, it happens!) to pump some water up through a series of tubes.

Love the carnival mirrors!



Both boys also loved the viewing bubble inside the aquarium.



There is a really cool construction site with pulleys, ramps, and wheelbarrows and the boys had no problem wearing their protective gear.


It's a hard day's work!

On our second trip we checked out some new things with Daddy. It was a lot less crowded on the weekend without the school field trips.

The boys found the power drill with no problems. It's bolted down, obviously, but I was still a bit concerned about the fact that kids are free to put their hands anywhere on it while it's going. Sometimes it's nice living in a country where people aren't worried about getting sued all the time...sometimes I wish people were a bit more careful about potential injuries, especially with power tools in a children's museum.

Cool tornado exhibit

Back at home, Ben has been wearing his patch each day and we've had much more success lately with this one that fits over his glasses.

Alex had a sticker stuck in his hair that looked just like a little barrette. I never could get the picture of Alex as a sweet little girl, but got some great smiles instead.



He is truly in the throes of the terrible twos. Yelling, hitting, crying, and all those other lovely tricks that toddlers learn. I don't remember Ben throwing fits this way but maybe I just ignored them since I was busy dealing with a newborn, or have forgotten because of the sleep deprivation. He's finally gotten two of his 2-year molars so hopefully that will help his disposition. This little guy still knows how to charm us, though, especially when he's singing along to the radio...he seems to be a huge fan of Ke$ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment