Monday, May 03, 2010

Month of Anniversaries

I can't believe it's May already. Somehow April slipped past without me even noticing. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that it's late fall here and April and May are permanently etched in my mind as spring months so I'm all confused. I will always refer to June, July, and August as summer but here I have to qualify my statement and remind people I'm talking about Texas summer. So realizing it's May has really started me thinking about all the big things in our lives that have happened this month. Ten years ago I graduated from college (Matt was a semester behind me but let's not remind him of that..ha!), eight years ago tomorrow Matt and I got married, six years ago we bought our first house, four years ago we had our sweet Ben (although we weren't expecting him until September), three years ago we sold that first house and left Texas to move overseas, one year ago we found out we were moving again. This May will hopefully not be quite as memorable in the grand scheme of things but it will be a fun month of celebrating the events that brought us here today. Here's a look at two crazy kids eight years ago, courtesy of our scanner since we got married just before the digital age:


We haven't done much the past week or so because I've been busy catching up from our fun weekends. The weather is still just warm enough to really enjoy being outside so we're visiting parks and playgrounds nearly every day since I know the cold, rainy weather is just around the corner.

We met up with Austin at King's Park last week. I love how Alex managed to get dirty in about 30 seconds flat. Also love how Ben is so busy driving or flying in both of these pictures he couldn't be bothered to look up.

Alex discovered the magic of the vacuum last week. I let him suck up as much popcorn as he wanted because I figured it couldn't hurt anything. Wrong. Watch the video below and you'll understand why I needed some chopsticks and patience a minute later.


1 comment:

  1. Hey! Congrats! What a gorgeous bride you were... hopefully you will get a chance to celebrate! And happy birthday to Ben!

    ReplyDelete